Our customers are tackling child malnutrition, malaria and dengue, brain injury, rare diseases, and climate change at the global scale. We are building an innovation and knowledge management platform to help customers solve wicked problems getting in the way of progress. Our culture is one in which teamwork is valued and developers are respected and we want full stack developers that think and communicate well, and want to learn. Working at Exaptive you’ll focus on the practical application of software to help people work together solving today’s greatest challenges.
This position will be based in downtown Oklahoma City and some relocation expenses can be accommodated. The position will have the opportunity to evolve into a role in which the person has an equity-stake in the company.
What You Will Do:
- focus on developing the front end application, but making backend changes as necessary when blocked
- learn and implement new technologies as needed
- work closely with design to iterate on new features and improvements in small teams
- collaborate with other developers to break down large requirements into smaller parallelizable tasks in a kanban a development environment
- contribute to the codebase of a truly unique software development platform that combines multi-model databases, data science, and modern UX design
- review code via Gerrit and deploying changes multiple times a day
- write clean code that is easy for others to read and extend
- be a technical leader who promotes and defends good craftsmanship
Some Things We Have Done Lately:
- rebuilt our main frontend application in React from an internal Dataflow framework to improve development efficiency and software robustness
- developed and migrated to a general purpose multi-model backend infrastructural to best utilize the strengths of MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Neo4j
- increased prototyping efficiency by allowing modular frontend applications to be built and deployed separately and integrated into our main application
- created a framework for user data entry into a graph schema
- built a system for end users to collaborate towards a domain specific ontology that improves accessibility and relevance within their environment
- willing to learn and develop new skills in a dynamic, fast paced startup environment
- motivated self-starter who likes a challenge and wants to make a difference in the world
- excellent intuition for abstraction boundaries that respects the practical considerations of shipping incremental value
- can write unit/integration/e2e tests to pin the behavior of your code
- have previously worked in a collaborative development environment
Skills that may help you stand out:
- familiar with functional programming
- designed and built distributed systems for both scale and performance
- know something about the following technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Git, Gerrit Code Review, Jira, AWS, Bash, Python, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Graph Database like Neo4j, and Redis
- experience writing and maintaining e2e testing
Details & Perks
We offer flexible paid time-off and parental leave. We also offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance and work to grow our benefits package annually. We are incredibly proud of our culture that promotes a family environment, and though we work really hard, we also know it’s important to have a good work-life balance.
This is a full-time position based in Oklahoma City, OK. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
Exaptive welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives.
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Links to any applications you’ve developed are highly encouraged.